The very lovely Kayleigh at Confidently Kayleigh nominated me for this back in October last year and I’ve been very slow responding. Sorry Kayleigh. You can see her post here. I love Kayleigh’s blog and her instagram, she posts a wonderful mixture of the serious and the silly stuff. In particular, she features the realities of body acceptance and anxiety as well as fun countdowns and TV trivia.
As part of the nomination Kayleigh asked 4 questions of her nominees, here are my answers:
1. Give me one positive word you would use to describe yourself.
Positive! Yeah, seems lazy but I mean it. I’m very lucky to have a naturally positive disposition. Even in my darkest moments, I know there’s a light up ahead eventually and it’s not a struggle for me to see the good in people or situations.
2. What is your funeral song?
Oh that’s a hard one! It’s got to be something positive, maybe from my running playlist, how about Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon?
3. What is you’re favourite quote/song lyric?
I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can’t cope with is therefore your own problem.Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Basically, life is what it is, be positive and get on with it, you are responsible for yourself.
Another strong contender is:
Wisest is she who knows she does not know.Jostein Gaarder
4. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?
Last Halloween I dressed up as Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Scroll left for a bloody panda and some ninjas.
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one who nominated you!
- Mention the creator and link it back to the original post.
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
It’s got to be my story about Marley on Valentine’s day: Marley’s Cards.
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW:
1. TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT THIS WORLD THAT YOU ADMIRE.
That’s a pretty hard ask lately. There’s an awful lot of crap going on both on the world stage and in the minutiae of daily life. I think that the thing that gives me hope is the generosity of people, known and strangers, to help when someone’s in need. The boys have both had Ukrainian children join their classes lately, and they’ve been welcomed warmly. Equally, I know my friends all support each other when we need it. More broadly, the swelling for practical and financial support for others in need is what makes us human I think.
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FORM OF CREATIVITY?
Well, there’s only one really – writing. I’m not crafty or artistic or an amazing cook. I like making preserves and gins, but writing is definitely my favoured outlet. My main aim in blogging is splurging my inner thoughts into a safe place – may be not creative in a traditional sense, but I think a lot of art works in a similar way.
Here are my questions to my lovely nominees:
1. Sunrise or sunset and why?
2. What book has had a lasting effect on you and your life?
3. Why do you keep blogging, what’s its value for you?
4. Coffee, tea or other?