What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer-recognition award given by bloggers to other super creative, talented, and entertaining bloggers. It is an excellent way of opening yourself to the community and your readers and brings overall positivity to the blogging community. It’s a great feeling to know that other bloggers are loving your blog content!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you. Add back links to their blog and other socials.
- Answer the 11 questions they posed to you.
- Nominate another 11 new bloggers and give them 11 questions.(you guys see a pattern here?)
- Include these rules in your post and use the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Who Nominated Me?
Seth is just a dad trying to figure things out along the way, probably just like you. As things start to make sense to him, he uses his blog for making notes. Check in for tips on parenting/relationship, personal finance, and any projects around the house he finds time for.
Alexis is the founder and creator of the Corona Comedy Blog. She’s written short stories, satire, parodies, beginnings of movie scripts and books, and jokes pretty much my whole life. She would love to be a stand-up comedian someday, as she has no shame and lives to make people laugh! Something that her blog certainly achieves.
- If you didn’t have to work for income, how would you fill your time?
I would be renovating a little French farmhouse with beautiful views and an orchard and some sheep, eating all the patisseries and drinking the best coffee from my own enormous barista machine thingy.
- If you have kids(or just hang out with small people), what is the one show/song that you cannot stand?
Pokemon, its SO pervasive. It gets into every conversation and into my kids’ imaginations, robbing them of their confidence in their own brilliant ideas.
- What book is a must for taking with you on holiday?
Oh, tough one. I just take my Kindle for space and weight conservation to be honest. Next time I have a good block of reading time available though, I want to re-read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
- What is one book that you’d require everyone to read, given the chance?
Schlinder’s List, no doubt. Heartbreaking, illustrative of the horrors that humanity can wreak upon itself, but also filled with hope that there are truly good souls out there as well as fickle fidelity-challenged capitalists who will do the right and good thing in the hardest worst circumstances.
- If you could rid the world of one animal/insect, what would it be?
Having watched David Attenborough’s A Life on Our Planet yesterday, I think the planet as a whole would be an awful lot better off without humans.
- What’s the one blog article you’ll never write?
A “how to” on blogging! I haven’t the least idea what I’m doing, how SEO works or what to do to maximise my DA (did I get the acronyms right?).
- What WIP do you have that is taking way longer to complete than you thought?
Decorating small boy’s bedroom – planning started about 20 months ago. Its finally booked in to start in a couple of weeks. If you mean a writing WIP, I don’t really do that – I just empty my brain into WordPress and see what happens.
- What is your absolute favorite vegetable? And did you hate it when you were a kid?
I love beetroot and I don’t remember ever not liking it.
- You’re allowed to write your grave stone, what does it say?
Loving, loyal, optimist by nature.
- Is there a better way to leave a toxic environment than the scene in Half Baked?
Errr, I confess I don’t know what you’re on about here.
- Outside of what you talk about on your platform, what’s something you’re obsessed with?
See above, my brain is emptied into WordPress. Most things that pass through my mind end up in my blog. I’m not really an obsessive person particularly though, I get focussed on projects as they happen but don’t have anything else occupying all my thinking.
- If it came down to it, would you vote for Donald Trump or Kanye West for president?
Kayne West – I think he’d be easier to manage and easier for the masses to ignore when stupid things exit his brain. Trump has too many acolytes and yes people.
- Say you’re one of five people in a horror movie. Would you be the first to die? The last? The third?
I reckon not first, simply because I can run faster than himself. He says I’d be first because I don’t watch horror movies so I don’t know what order people die and wouldn’t know what to watch out for – so I’d get killed straight away. Isn’t he lovely?
- What is your favorite genre of music?
Well, I was definitely an indie girl in the late 90s. But I’ve rather taken a liking to French electro-pop that they play on BBC 6Music of late.
- What reality show would you want to be on and why?
I’d like to be a host on Bake Off – I wouldn’t be a contestant, but I’d love to get to try all those cakes.
- Which breed of dog would you choose to be?
Gotta be a spaniel – energetic, bit frantic at times, intelligent and irrepressively optimistic.
- Number one guilty pleasure.
The Last Kingdom on Netflix. I know that fans of the Bernard Cornwell books don’t rate it particularly, but I love it.
- What is your ultimate favorite comfort food?
Hard one! Either chocolate or cheese, once I start eating either I find it hard to stop.
- Your proudest moment in blogging?
Probably the first time someone complimented me on my writing. Or a recent comment on What a Noise! suggesting that it would be publishable – very flattering but I don’t think it’ll ever happen.
- Your most ideal vacation spot?
France, anywhere with warm weather, good food and a river or lake.
- Guy Fieri or Gordon Ramsay?
I don’t know how Guy Fieri is, let me Google. Oh goodness, Gordon Ramsey. Pure unadulterated pre-judgement of Fieri, doesn’t look my cup of tea at all!
- What is guaranteed to make you laugh every time?
The Marx Brothers or the Goon Show or Douglas Adams. I recently re-read Adams’ “Last Chance to See” and giggled my way through again 25 years after I first read it.
Ingrid at Experiments in Fiction
Kathy at Baby Boomer Super Saver
Robin at Confessions of a Patchwork Momma
Molly at Transatlantic Notes
Caz at Invisibly Me
Amber at The Unpredicted Page
Rachel at Jasperden’s Health
Claire at Our Favourite Jar
Abby at Kin Unplugged
Mehsi at Twirling Book Princess
Anjali at Chasing the Maximum Life
Questions for My Nominees:
- When you get up in the morning, are you alert and ready to go or sluggish and befuddled?
- What’s your preferred way of getting news and why?
- How can we put an end to the idiocy of Brexit? really, how?
- What subject do you wish you worked harder on at school?
- Coffee or tea?
- What’s your favourite cartoon? (now or when you were a kid)
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve done?
- Out of the books you’ve read this year, which was your favourite and why?
- How long have you had your current mobile phone number?
- How annoyed are you at having to think of a bunch of questions for other people?
- Which post have you written that we should all read? (re-using this one because its so good)