The fabulous Eddie at Yorkie… Not Just For Dads recently nominated me for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. Its always hugely flattering for another blogger to think of me when they choose who to nominate. It means someone likes what I’m writing and they’re kind enough to want to share my blog with other people. So thanks Eddie! (even if you do call me “Smell”… I suppose its better than “Smelly”).
Eddie was nominated by Tom at The Doubting Thomas Blog, he’s also one of my favourites and totally worth checking out and following.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate up to 9 other bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by visiting and commenting on their blog.
- Ask 5 questions.
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award ” logo.
- If you could go back and re-live a certain memory, what would it be?
I wouldn’t have gone crawling in the loft at 18 weeks pregnant last January and I would have insisted on going in to be checked at the first sign of losing my waters 2 days later. Instead, I let myself be reassured and didn’t get checked for another week, by which point it was too late and we lost our third son at 20 weeks. Sorry, that’s very serious and deep but its the greatest regret in our lives and if I could go back and do it differently, I would.
- If you had a decision of one thing in your children’s life out of Kindness, Strength, Intelligence and Bravery. Which one would you chose for them?
Kindness, every time. They both already have kindness in abundance, towards each other and towards people they know and strangers. Its their characteristic I’m most proud of, and one of the few personality traits they share.
- Out of your family, dead or alive, which family member would you chose to spend a weekend with?
Out of my alive family, I really want to spend time with my mum. I’d love to go to Bath for a spa weekend, pamper and shop and eat.
From those who aren’t with us any more, I’d love to spend time with my grampa. He died when I was three so I never really knew him. I have a vague feeling of him as a memory, warm and funny. He’s renowned in our family for a great sense of humour and silliness, but he was also highly intelligent and a scientist. He must be where I get my science and maths strengths from and I’d love to have known him.
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a Dr when I was a teenager. I had dreams of working for Medecins Sans Frontiers and saving the world from disease!
- Holidays, if you could pick anywhere in the world to travel to for a holiday. Where would you go and why?
With the kids it would either be France for the freedom of a campsite and the good food, or else Mexico for an all-inclusive lush indulgent splurge after so many cancelled holidays this year. With just himself, I’ve always wanted to visit Halong Bay in Vietnam, it looks so majestic and awe inspiring, I’d love to go.
The Grumpy Nerd Dad, I do love someone who can grump honestly.
Disclaimer: the boys helped me to set some of these. I’m just glad I don’t have to answer them.
- What one thing would you stop your significant other from doing if you could just switch it off with no argument or consequences? (or as the boys put it “don’t you wish Daddy would stop snoring?”)
- What’s your favourite sport to watch or participate in?
- What’s your favourite movie of the 1990s?
- Who’s blog would you love to do a guest post for?
- If you could be any Pokemon, which would it be? (sorry about this one, they insisted)