My husband says I’m officially a running wanker and I have all the gear and no idea. Well I definitely have no idea – honestly I thought that was the point with running, you just put on some shoes and run. But someone said something about dynamic stretches to warm up (huh?) and someone else said to do one fast run for two slow ones (err I only have once pace).
So I’ve definitely got the running bug.
However, I also think that I do not have all the gear. Since I started running about 6 months ago I’ve bought:
- 4 headband/snood/neck warmer things
- an arm pouch for my phone and house key
- a pair of gloves
- a waterproof cycling jacket (Aldi bargain)
- 3 sports bras
- a water bottle
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 long sleeved running tops
- a pair of leggings
- a running vest
- a pair of proper running shoes (Christmas present)
I’d already got some leggings and socks so haven’t needed anymore (so far). But there’s a list of things that I haven’t bought yet:
- Some wireless headphones but with a cord connecting them
- Shorts when the weather gets better
- More running vests
- A different phone pouch, mum my has a nice waist band one
I’ve got my eye on a vest from This Mum Runs and with mother’s day coming up, I’m hopeful.
So while he’s right that I have no idea, I’m a hell of a lot faster than him sitting on the sofa and I definitely don’t have all the kit. Yet. Maybe I’ll figure out what I’m doing as I accumulate the gear?